Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
APPROVED BY: Sheila Carmody (Jelonek)
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2012
LAST REVISION: November 1, 2013
Purpose: To state the commitment of the system to Equal Employment Opportunity.
1. Guaranteed Press is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, martial status or physical challenges.
2. The policy applies not only to recruitment and hiring practices, but also includes affirmative action in the area of placement, promotion, transfer, rate of pay and termination.
3. Executive, management and supervisory levels have the responsibility to further the implementation of this policy and ensure conformance by subordinates.
4. Any Guaranteed Press employee who engages in discrimination will be subject to suspension or termination.
5. Any supervisory or managerial employee who knows of such behavior and fails to take immediate and appropriate corrective action will also be subject to disciplinary action.
6. Any individual who is the target of discrimination is encouraged to discuss the matter with the Department Director.
7. Any individual who feels such a discussion would be or has been futile, unsatisfactory or counterproductive should contact the Human Resources Department.
8. A member of the Human Resource staff will be designated to investigate the claim.
9. The accused individual may be suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
10. Retaliation against claimants will not be tolerated.
Guaranteed Press is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you and all other persons without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, citizenship status, age, veteran status or disability.
Furthermore, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our employees by co-workers, supervisors, customers, or vendors. This commitment extends to our policies on recruiting, advertising, hiring, placement, promotion, training, transfer, wages, benefits, termination and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.